Taxation of Couples - IT, IHT, CGT
This course considers the impact of the tax regime on marriage, cohabitation separation and divorce. Essential tax issues will be considered as well as highlighting planning opportunities and significant problem areas for both married and cohabiting couples.
The course is structured into sections on income tax, CGT and IHT.
Content will include:
- Residence and domicile
- Living together or separated
- Joint ownership of assets
- High Income Child Benefit Charge
- Settlements legislation and income shifting
- Couples in business
- Pension matters
Capital Gains Tax
- General principles
- The main residence
- The family business
- IHT on death of spouse including intestacy, family home and planning
- Domicile election
- Issues on marriage breakdown
New credit option for 2019
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.