Charities: Approaching the Charity Audit
The course is designed to identify key areas associated with charity audits for those who have so far had limited exposure to this specialist area. It will review practical problems encountered by charity auditors in applying current legislative, accounting and auditing requirements.
The course will be a combination of lecturing, case studies and discussions and will combine common problem areas encountered by charity file reviews. Reference will be made to Charity Commission publications, operating guidance, inquiry reports and other publications where appropriate.
- Planning issues:
- Appointment including engagement letters and ethics
- Permanent file including related parties, using experts, service organisations and accounting estimates
- Fieldwork specific issues:
- Audit approach to income
- Audit approach to expenditure specifically considering allocation
- Branches and groups
- Completion matters including audit reports
- Reporting to the regulator
Purchase credits and save
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.