Introduction to Management
As you take on this pivotal role in your firm, this workshop will give you a clear understanding of the key skills and disciplines required in becoming an effective manager. It will help you clarify your goals, establish achievable and challenging work objectives, set priorities and produce a personal strategy for effective time management. The course will also provide you with an understanding on how to use different management styles in order to take a flexible approach to the variety of personalities you manage.
- Your role as manager – key challenges and strong performers
- Stepping up to the role and stepping away from being ‘one of the gang’
- Understanding different management styles and the need to be able to flex your approach
- Managing yourself – personal organisation, minimise the quantity and maximise the quality of your time, tackling the time wasters and productivity poachers
- Managing upwards – understanding and aligning all parties’ needs
- Recognising the importance of short term and long term planning and objective setting in delivering results and profits
- What or who takes priority? Recognising importance and not just urgency
- Successful task achievement – on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards
New credit option for 2019
Our training courses credits could provide a more flexible payment option. Call 0116 258 1200 to find out more or visit our credits page.